CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 04, 2008

This, that and the other thing

Good Monday morning. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here, we had a relaxing few days. Busy, but relaxing, if that makes any sense.

Pardon? Oh, what did we do? Nothing to write home about, really. We gardened. Picked the first tomatoes -- Yay! Mowed the lawn. (Don't you just love the scent of freshly cut grass? It makes me sneeze, but still...I love it.) Baked banana bread. And zucchini muffins. Oh, and zucchini bread. Froze most of it but the house still smells yummy. We made pickles, blueberry jam and blackberry jam. Yeah, that was a couple hours' of hot, sweaty work but hey, when the berries are ripe there's no putting off the jam making.

Hmm? I guess you're right. It doesn't sound all that relaxing, does it? But we enjoy the summertime chores. Really, we do. And we did find time for a couple of games of chess in the gazebo, and for reading. Last night I finished a book I got for Christmas last year. Things have been so busy I hadn't had time to open it until this weekend. It was actually kind of funny to read a holiday themed romance while fanning away mosquitoes and praying for a stray breeze.

My next book, Legal Tender, releases on September 1st. It's a paranormal romance, with a wisecracking ghostly grandmother. I had so much fun writing this story; I'm completely jazzed it's coming out in a few weeks. (If anyone's interested in ordering a signed copy, the link is at the top of this page.)

I'm in a bit of a tight spot with Legal Tender, though. You see, my dad's coming to visit next week and he'll be with us into September. I am very, very excited about his visit, even though it means I won't get any work done. But believe me, that's fine. I think I can use a break, too. But...my tight spot. I don't know how I'm going to get any promo done for this release. I have one week left to do whatever I can do, then I'll just have to have faith it'll work out. Any ideas?

But I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to enjoy my dad's visit and hope for the best with the book.

I guess this is one of those times where I can plan for this and prepare for that but the other thing? It'll just have to take care of itself!

What's been going on in your world?

4 comments:

Dru said...

not much. visit here. walk there. being lazy everywhere.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea to read Christmas stories in the summer! Fun!

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

I just got home from the RWA Conference.

Enjoy your dad! I just found out I thought I had a December book coming out, but it's really a November release. So everything I lined up in Dec. will be for nothing since the book won't even be on sale then except online! Now I have to figure out what to do myself!

Marianne Arkins said...

Hmmm... a little bird told me you could, yanno, get some advertising on this one site for... uh...

Well... you know.

:-)

I'm jealous about your tomatoes. Mine aren't even pale green, let alone pink... or, **sigh**, red.

Soon. I hope.