CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 01, 2008

Celebration!

Happy August 1st!

In our house we're celebrating. We've had some special things happen on this date. No, it's not a birthday. Or a wedding anniversary.

A couple of years ago, on August 1st, I had some pretty major surgery. Honestly, my life changed on this day. While I'm not going to go in-depth into what we went through, I am going to say that every August 1st since that fateful day we celebrate.

I celebrate the people whose kindness, care and selflessness have enriched my life...

My husband, who took care of me during the long months of our ordeal. Without his love, faith and care I don't think I could gotten to the other side. The doctors, nurses and therapists who worked their miracles, then shrugged as if it was all in a day's work. They are incredible, and I am grateful. Bill, who carried me when I couldn't walk. I don't think he'll ever fully realize what an impression his kindness left on my heart and soul. Our family and friends, whose support made my recovery journey so much easier than it could have been. And, last but certainly not least, today I celebrate a donor, whose ultimate gift and sacrifice affects me every single day.

Today I celebrate these special people. They've touched me with their kindness, and I will be eternally grateful.

This is also a red-letter day in our home because Snowdance, my first novel, was released on August 1, 2007. It's hard to believe a year has gone by, but it has. I am so grateful to the folks at Whiskey Creek Press. They gave my little story a home, and helped bring my writing dreams to life.

Yeah, this is a special day in our house. I'm touched every day by the generosity of those around me, but on August 1st I smile all day long. Isn't it amazing how people touch our lives in such wonderful, profound, life-altering ways?

I hope August 1st is a day that brings joy to your heart, too. Thank you for sharing my special day. :)

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Diane Craver said...

Enjoy today to the fullest!
Blessings to you, your hubby, and family on your special day!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You've got lots of reasons to celebrate! Enjoy!!

Pam

Dru said...

You certainly have a lot to celebrate on this day and every day. All the best!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your special day. It sounds like you've got a great attitude. Lots to celebrate too!

Anonymous said...

August 1st...Sarita's Day. Yep, that has a nice ring to it. I hope you had a goodie.
I can't believe that it's a year since Snowdance was released.

Aussie Jude x

Nicole McCaffrey said...

I hope it's a day that continues to be a blessing for years to come!

Thanks for sharing your inspiring day with the rest of us, sometimes I need to be reminded to just stop and be thankful.