CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Quickie

Just a quick check in today, friends. We're heading out to spend another fun day with my dad. First stop? Breakfast. Oh, I love having breakfast out! It's so nice to have someone else make the pancakes for a change!

I hope you're all doing well. I know I've been seriously AWOL lately, and horribly negligent about answering emails and visiting blogs but I've spent hardly any time at the desk. I know you understand, I just know you do. I'll admit it...I've been spending every possible moment with my dad. And loving all of them, too. So please forgive me for neglecting everything, and everyone, for now.

Next week my dad will be home and I'll be miserable, so it'll probably take a few days for me to find my feet. Then you'll be stuck with me again!

Wanted to share a fast thought about a book I finished reading last night. I'm not a big NASCAR fan (all right, I'm totally clueless about car racing) but I read--and enjoyed--Barbara Dunlop's Overheated. I picked it up because I liked the cover and was really very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful story. Great characters, with lots of action and snappy dialogue...all good. I may pick up another of Harlequin's NASCAR books the next time I'm in town.

Wait...there's a bookstore just down the road from the restaurant. Hmm...pancakes, Dad and books. Yeah, it's going to be another great day!

Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend!

5 comments:

Dru said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your dad, pancakes (my favorite breakfast food) and books.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend.
I'd love to be able to eat pancakes for breakfast but once I got started I wouldn't be able to stop!
Look forward to catching up next week.

Aussie Jude x

Anonymous said...

It is so great that you are having such a good time with your dad. I particularly loved this weeks's Wednesday story. They are always good but this one was really special.

Have a great weekend.

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast and have a great weekend!

Marianne Arkins said...

Hope your day was lovely... and that this one is even better!!!