CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Reading?

Oh, it's springtime and the living is light and breezy. That's how it goes, right? Um, no?

Hmmph.

Well, here all is light and fun, including my reading choices. Right now I'm loving the heck out of a book my mom gave me for my birthday. It's an early work from one of my favorite authors, Janet Evanovich, called Naughty Neighbor. It is a hoot, one of those books where you smile as you read.

Ms. Evanovich's writing style appeals to me. Sassy and smart, with fun dialogue. Here she pairs an unlikely couple, a woman whose focus is on the more responsible issues in life and a man who is decidedly fun-loving. The fact that there's a pig--yes, a pig!--at the center of this wacky romance only makes me like it more. I'm nearly done with this and honestly I'm going to hate to see it end.

Perfect light, breezy springtime reading, I think.

What about you? Where's your bookmark? And are you enjoying what you're reading?

4 comments:

Dru said...

I'm reading a new-to-me author Kristan Higgins' book "Catch Of The Day" and I'm loving it. It's romance where the herione is looking for love and finds it not where she looked.

Anonymous said...

Right now I'm reading, A Year in Provence, but I just started it, so not sure how I'll like it.

Melissa McClone said...

I'm not reading a romance right now. The book is by Father John Hardon and called With Us Today: On the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. I'm on chapter three.

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm reading whatever authors send me, which has been an interesting experience. Right now, I'm in the middle of a romanctic suspense, and I have in my TBR pile a romantic suspense, a paranormal and a contemp of some sort that is part of a series and has a firefighter hero.

The only thing I'm reading by choice is my HTML manuel, LOL. I HAVE to figure out how to build a comment form that works... I can make a pretty form, but I can't get it to email me the input.

**sigh**