CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chocolate for everybody!

Fun, fun, fun! Isn't that part and parcel of summer living? I spent the whole weekend planting (yes, Dru, I did manage to plant 35 trees this past weekend! Thanks for asking!) and in the greenhouse so it feels like summertime fun. And although it's not officially summer, I'm feeling decidedly summer-ish now that the tulips are blooming. So last night I whipped up one of my favorite fun, easy, yummy desserts. It's so simple--and yummy! Did I say it's yummy yet?--that I thought I'd share it with all of you. Maybe you'll find this decadent dessert is one that blows your skirt up, too.

So how do you make Chocolate Brownie S'mores? Easy, very easy. And yummy--oh? I said yummy? Oops! Sorry!

First of all, I can't take the credit for this creation. I saw the recipe on a box of brownies. I don't remember which one it was, but there you have it. This is a pilfered recipe. But it's yu--well, it rocks.

The basis for the whole shebang is a rectangular pan of brownies. Whip up whatever kind you prefer, bake them in a long pan and when they're done baking take the pan out of the oven--but don't turn the oven off. While the brownies are hot, dump a couple of handfuls of mini-marshmallows on top. Then sprinkle a few handfuls of milk chocolate morsels on the marshmallows. Yeah, my take on this is very scientific. Just add enough marshmallows and chocolate until you feel the "right" amount is there. Then, pop the pan back into the oven and bake until the stuff on top gets sort of melty. You'll know when that's "right" too. When everything is gooey, pull the brownies out of the oven. Turn the oven off and place pan on a cooling rack. Put graham crackers which have been broken into quarters or halves on top of the melted chocolate. Mash the crackers down slightly. Don't break the crackers, just make sure they're sort of smooshed into the melted chocolate. And yes, smooshed is a technical term! :)

Now the hard part: wait until the brownies cool before cutting. Cut them along the lines of the graham crackers. I like to add a scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream to this but hey, you don't have to. They're still awesome without any embellishment.

So now you know what I did last night. What about you? What was the highlight of your evening?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this sounds incredible. Now you know what I will be doing tonite!

pam

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, those brownies sound so yummy!

I had a great night. It was my son's 8th birthday. We had a baseball game, went out to dinner then came home for ice cream cake and presents. It doesn't get much better than that!

Anonymous said...

Crikey Moses, a sniff of that stuff would put a couple of kilos onto my hips!!!

Aussie Jude

Anonymous said...

Criminy Dutch! Those sound fantastic! Hmmm, we have to bring dessert to the piano recital next weekend...