CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blog-ally challenged?

Usually, thank goodness, I sail through my computer experiences without incident. I write. I edit. I blog. No biggie. No great mystery of life, the relationship I have with either of my litle black boxes. Really, no problems.

Until now. Actually, until a few days ago. It's taken me that long to admit I've got an issue. Or who knows? Maybe I've got two--or even three--issues. Me? I don't have a clue but I'm so annoyed I'm contemplating buying a new computer just to get rid of this problem.

Hmm? The problem? It makes me sound like a moron to admit this but we're all friends, right? Okay, here goes...

Everything on the screen is huge. Really. Huge. I mean BIG. The welcome page words. Blogs. The little box I use to post a blog entry. Email is normal size, as is the little box with "Favorite Places" that hangs down the side. The bar across the top is the way it should be. Everything else? Super-sized. Do you have any idea how irritating it is to see mile-high letters? Especially early in the morning?

Like I said, I'm considering throwing the whole thing out the window! The peskiest part is that if I log on using my husband's account, everything is as it should be. Apparently with my account I pressed something I shouldn't have pressed, sometime when I wasn't watching what I was doing or where my fingers were going. Sheesh. Sounds like a dirty movie, doesn't it?

Any words of wisdom? Would appreciate all the help I can get, especially since my patience with the situation is dwindling.

Makes me homesick for the "good old days" when I wrote using a pen and legal pad. Yes, I actually did begin my first novel that way and probably would have finished it like that, too. But my fingers rebelled and the ink ran dry long before the characters in my head stopped talking so I bought this little "modern" device. Usually I love it, but right now, with its enormous letters blurring my vision I'm tempted to open the drawer, reach inside and pull out paper and pen.

All I know is, when I wrote on the legal pad I was in charge of font size. Sure, the characters in my mind ran most of the show but the letter size? All mine. Just saying...

5 comments:

Dru said...

Check under "view" on the top toolbar for text size and see which one is checked.

What is your home/default page? Check to see what the settings are.

Melissa McClone said...

I'm a total technophobe. That's why I use a Mac.

Listen to Dru. She's a computer goddess and can get anything figured out!

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can think of is the "view" size is mis-set. But that's all the help I can offer. I'm tech-lexic.

Sarita Leone said...

I knew someone would have an answer! You ladies are great--I never would have considered "view" as my problem. I'm going to look at that this weekend. Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it so much. These billboard-style letters are really beginning to bug me!

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha, I'm late getting to this. The Mile High Club, hey? Only joking! Sometimes a little bug in the system or an "infected" email can cause hassles...not sure about Mile High characters though. Still laughing here!!

Aussie Jude