CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays...

...always make me smile. I love rain. I love Mondays. So it's all good. Welcome to a new week. :)

On the reunion front, I've received a couple of emails from old classmates! How exciting is that? A few have tracked me down via my website and others have responded thru the email address I posted when I asked if anyone knew where my old friend Lisa is.

Yoo hoo...Lisa?...Yoo hooooo...

I'm getting such a kick out of catching up with these people I can barely talk about it without smiling. It's interesting to hear what they've been up to, find out what they've done and where they are. So many have done such different things than they expected --or planned--or hoped!-- to when they graduated high school. I'm intrigued by the stories they tell about their lives up to this point.

There are, unfortunately, some serious updates. Evidently a good number of classmates have passed away. We're not that terribly old, yet it's a sobering fact many of us are no longer here. That just makes me sad.

I'm enjoying catching up with my long-lost friends. I'm hoping more give a shout out and let me know what they're doing. Still not certain we'll attend the reunion in the fall but at least I'm getting a chance to renew some important relationships.

As I said, one of the most interesting parts of this whole catching-up thing is hearing about how life's turned out different than planned for so many. Me, my life has been, thankfully, just what I'd hoped. My biggest desire was to find love and have a happy, successful marriage. That, thank God, has been the case. And I wanted to be an author when I "grew up" so although I don't always feel entirely "grown up" my writing dream has also been realized.

What about you? Is your life turning out how you'd planned it to? Are your high school dreams coming true?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Things did not turn out as I planned, LOL, but that is a good thing. I think. I hope!

Can't wait to see if your friend Lisa shows up. Keep us posted, ok?

Marianne Arkins said...

Like Susan, I have to admit that I'm not where I expected to be. But, that's okay -- sometimes surprises are nice :-)

Hey, I'm looking for an old friend from high school named Lisa, too. How strange is that?

Melissa McClone said...

It's a rainy Monday here, too!

Cool about getting back in touch with your friend.

As for where I am now, no I didn't imagine where I am now, but that's fine. I really like my life!

Anonymous said...

Rainy Monday here, too....seriously thinking about leaving on a jet plane for sunnier skies...

My life didn't turn out like I'd planned, which is GOOD! I would have been miserable. I'm very happy and content with the way things are now.

Hope you get in touch with Lisa, soon.

Dru said...

We have rain here as well.

I wanted two things out of high school - to be the first in my family to graduate from college (did that) and be a lawyer. It didn't work out that way, but I believe the life I'm living now was the right choice for me.

How did your planting go this weekend?

I hope your Monday is a good one.

Anonymous said...

No, no and no. But miracles do happen - my gorgeous rich millionaire is out there somewhere! No seriously, all is good here in Oz and we are having rain too!
I'm sure Lisa will turn up somewhere.

Aussie Jude