CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Series!

I am tickled! Just over-the-moon thrilled! Why? Well, I think I've told you all that I've signed a contract with Whiskey Creek Press to publish my book, Sniffing Sand. It is a romantic mystery, set on Chincoteague Island in Virginia. If you know me, you know I love Chincoteague. And if you didn't already know that, I guess you do now, don't you? Anyhow, I spoke with my publisher about this book being the first in a series of books set on Chincoteague--and she loved the idea! Whoopee!! So now the book will be called Sniffing Sand: A Chincoteague Island Mystery, and there will be more to follow. We've decided on a mix of genres, and the second book in the series will be a Chincoteague Island Romance. As I said, I am just so happy about this. I've always loved reading series, and it is such a treat to know I'm writing one of my own. The second book is already being written.

Oh, Sniffing Sand: A Chincoteague Island Mystery comes out on June 1, 2008.

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

How exciting for you! I fell in love with the idea of Chincoteague as kid and the Misty stories...

Good luck with the series!

Sarita Leone said...

Marianne, thank you! I love Misty even as an adult, and have read the stories over and over again. It truly is a magical place.