CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Finally, This Season

I have just signed a contract for a short story I wrote called Finally, This Season. It is a Regency romance, the first I've written, and I've sold it to The Wild Rose Press.

I'm excited about this story, not only in the way that I'm always thrilled to have written and sold something, but in another way, too. Branching out into different areas of fiction is exciting. When I began to write this story, I wondered if I could actually do it. I mean, I love Regency romances, love the way the language is used and I get such a kick out of "seeing" the time period. But could I do it? Write a successful Regency? A daunting task, when I sat down, to adequately portray a bit of the Ton for all to see.

So this contract really tickles me. It appears, my friends, that I've taken a step in a new direction. And so far, I've experienced success.

Now, onto the next adventure...

Hope you're having a nice day. And thanks for savoring this good news with me!

0 comments: