CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This and That

Taking things slow and easy here on the farm. Not overdoing...in fact, not doing much of anything. A little writing, some reading and beginning to eat again. More than that? Nope.

Thank goodness, it's cooler here now. Finally, the heat wave has broken!

What have you been up to on these hot, hot, hot days of summer?

Me? Took a walk around the farm, just to see what's growing. Want a peek?



I'm nuts about this color. Snapdragons, looking oh-so lovely.


The first tomatoes have been picked. Not this variety, but Romas and cherry tomatoes are ripening nicely.


Can't you just smell this basil? Mmm...


Peppers by the truckload! I'm trying to figure out what to do with all the peppers. Salsa, anyone?


See those little green things? Look like tiny tomatoes, don't they?


They're actually growing on a potato plant. Have no idea what's going on there.


I can't pick raspberries quickly enough.


Sorry for the fuzzy photo.

The blueberries? I've been picking 1-2 pints a day!

Lots of blueberry jam coming soon!

Peaches are ripening.

They are beyond words fantastic.


Even in the midst of summer, winter is on my mind.


Another load of firewood arrived last night. It all needs to be stacked, but not this week.


Nope, this week is for resting. And harvesting. And eating.


Writing. Reading. Relaxing.


How about you? What's up in your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

Mary said...

Nothing here as pretty as what you have. Dull by comparision, LOL.

I really do enjoy your farm pictures.

Marianne Arkins said...

Looks like your potatoes are going to seed. Bet you have flowers soon!

I envy your snapdragons. The deer here think that snapdragons are a special meal and I've never had any grow higher than a few inches before they're munched.

Happy green growing things!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow, all those goodies from your garden look amazing!

I've been beaching it (as you already know) and reading and still editing. I'm hoping to be done editing in a few weeks though.

Maria Zannini said...

You are where we were three months ago.
Wish I had it back.