CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ho finito!

I'm finished!

Usually when I finish a book, we celebrate. Dinner. A bottle of wine. Sleep. Lots of laughing.

Tough, this finish. None of that. But I feel a great sense of accomplishment, despite the circumstances. Why? Because this first finish shows me that I can do this...even alone, I can write. I can still conjure a happily-ever-after. And I can smile when "my folks" find theire way to happiness. It still feels good.

Maybe most importantly, I feel my guy smiling. He's not right here, but he's smiling nonetheless.

So, I'll celebrate differently. Dinner. A glass of Bailey's. Sleep. Satisfaction at getting the job done.

And I'm fortunate that I have all of you to share my news with. Thanks for being here for this event!

Ho finito!

7 comments:

Dru said...

Congratulations on finishing your book.

Yes, still celebrate because that is what life is about and you deserve it.

Mary said...

Woo hoo! I'm so happy to hear you did it. Congratulations!!

Wendy said...

How wonderful! I am doing the dance of joy in honour of your achievement, and I am so proud of you for finishing this book. Congratulations, my friend!

Maria Zannini said...

Congrats! I wish I was done with mine. Wanna trade? LOL.

Melissa McClone said...

Congrats! I'm so happy and so very proud of you. This is a humongous accomplishment, a major milestone, one many other writers take much longer to get to. I tip my hat to you, my friend. Well done. Very well done!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm a little late but: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You did good.

Shearer's Girl said...

I'm catching up with my blog reading, congratulations, it seems very quick. You've broken through a barrier.