CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Adventure Lessons

I know I said I'd share farm photos today, but I've still got some pretty shots from last week's adventure to share with you. Coming soon, farm pictures, I promise! But today, some from from Florida.

That's right, I went to visit my dad in Florida for a bit. He was amazing, pulling me into his home and giving me the most peaceful, rejuvenating holiday imaginable. My dad is beyond words wonderful, truly an incredible, loving man. He calmed my soul and brought laughter.

Thanks, Pop.

So. Some Florida beach shots...



See those broad shoulders?


They belong to one of the most fabulous men on earth!

Peaceful, this view into forever.

Learning to deal with only one set of footprints.

See this coconut?

It was tossed about in the ocean, battered and bashed, but it still held together.

Admirable, that coconut.


Alone?

Maybe not.

Found a Penny from Heaven.

Walking on the pier is a reminder that the world is a big place.

And really, we are pretty small.

At least that's how I felt.


Looking back at a restful holiday.

Looking forward, too.

6 comments:

Dru said...

I figured that you went to visit your dad. Sounds like you had a good trip.

Love the sky and ocean pictures.

Was that your dad all the way out in the ocean?

Sarita Leone said...

Dru Ann, it is my dad all the way out in the ocean! Fearless, on so many levels!

I had such an amazing visit. It was exactly what I needed.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you had a relaxing and peaceful vacation. Nothing like a dad.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm so happy you had such a nice time with your dad! Those pictures are wonderful!

Maria Zannini said...

Your dad is amazing. Good on him.

Glad you had a good time.

Shearer's Girl said...

I like the coconut metaphor. Glad you had a good visit with your Dad.