CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pink, Anyone?

Have you ever noticed that some places pop with color? Most times, there's a color that peeks out of every corner. At least that's the way it feels to me.

On my adventure, I noticed lots of pinks. And, like the first photo, almost-pinks.

I'm a fan of pink, so I thought I'd share some of what I saw.


This was a salmon-y color, although it shows more orange than pink here.


I don't know if this is fact or tropical myth, but I was told these pink blobs covering the pilings on a bridge are actually eggs. As I said...fact? Urban myth? Who knows?

Still, interesting little buggers!


Even the ordinary plants take on extraordinary hues beneath the tropical sun.


Gorgeous!


Sorry for the fuzziness...I couldn't resist swooping in for the scent!


Pink doesn't get much pinker than this, does it?


Every time I passed this plant, I nearly swooned. So beautiful, delicate and stunning.


News on the writing front? Oh, I thought you'd never ask!


Good news, actually. I'm finding a new rhythm for the writing. In "before" times, I wrote way early in the morning while my sweet man slept. I just can't force myself to do that now. Way too sad. So, the new schedule gets me into the gardens early, then back inside for pre-lunch writing. So far, so good. It's working. I'm on chapter 4 or so and it's actually beginning to feel "normal"...interesting, isn't it, how we can find a new normal when forced to do so?


I hope you have a peaceful day!


Tomorrow, photos from here at the farm. So much is growing, I've just got to share with you.

3 comments:

Dru said...

Love the first pink picture.

Yay on getting in the writing groove.

Have a good evening.

Maria Zannini said...

That was so smart to find a new time to write.

Love the photos and I can't wait to see your farm.

Ann Summerville said...

Beautiful pictures. Unfortunately, everything is brown here in shriveled up Texas. Still no sign of even a drop of rain. Sounds like your writing schedule is working.
Ann