CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lance Mackey Wins Iditarod!

"They're the best dogs, hands-down," Mackey said.

Don't you love it when someone has the grace to share the credit for doing something truly remarkable?

Lance Mackey, a 37-year-old throat cancer survivor, also won last year's race. His father and brother have both won Iditarods so I guess you could say it's a family tradition in the Mackey household. Some tradition, eh?

In the coming days I'm sure there will be many tales told about life on the 2008 trail. Me? I'll listen to as many as I can and picture it all, saving and savoring the details. The race to commemorate a 1925 run by sled dogs to deliver lifesaving diphtheria serum to Nome is an event that intrigues me. Maybe someday I'll get to see part of the route up close. Until then, I listen and dream.

A full story is here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super story this is! Thanx for giving the link here. <3

Pam

Unknown said...

I actually saw part of the trail when we visited Alaska. What gorgeous country it is.

Melissa McClone said...

Cool. I don't have time now, but I can't wait to read that link!

Dru said...

that was a nice story.

Only 2 more days before you book become available.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even imagine what it would take to run a race like this, much less win a race like this. Thanks for the post and the link. Great story.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Marianne Arkins said...

Hi, girl... how are you? It's been awhile since you've blogged, and I'm missing you!

:-)