CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

To read, or not to read

Doesn't it seem like everyone's got a blog now? Aunt Mildred. The Avon lady. The kid who delivers the newspaper. Celebrities. Politicians. The local historical society. Everyone, everywhere, seems to have a blog to call their own. A place to share thoughts, ideas, recipes, photographs, reviews, rants--whatever comes to mind.

And we, being a curious bunch, read these blogs. Why not? That's what they're there for, isn't it? To read? So we read. I've said it before and I'll say it again--I love reading other people's blogs. I love seeing what so-and-so has to say about such-and-such. It's a fast, easy way to get inside someone's mind, at least to the part they're willing to share.

Some people share incredibly intimate things in their blogs. I've got to admit, that creeps me out. A lot. I don't want to know about anyone's boils, bunions or broken heart. I don't want to hear they're despondent, down on their luck or determined to seek revenge. I just don't want to know. But that's what the mouse and the little red X at the top right corner are for, right? To decide to read...or not to read?

Me? I'll keep reading. I enjoy it too much. And you? I hope you'll keep reading, too. :)

1 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

My name is Marianne.

I'm a blog-a-holic.

Is there help?

The better question is: do I want it? Nah...