CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Snowdance review

I saw this last night. I'm flabbergasted--and happy. :)

"Every aspect of this book is first rate. This is a story where the characters are so real they enter the reader's heart. Turning the pages, I wanted to know what would happen next, and why. In short, I cared. A lot. So many books don't encourage that kind of connection or interaction. It is refreshing to see it here. The plot moves along steadily, pulling the reader deeper into Elinor's memories. In part of this book, old letters are used to tell the story. This plot device is fitting to this story and worked very well. I could see Elinor reading letters from the battlefield, and could hear the cries of war, as well. This book ends with a twist-one that is bittersweet and perfect for the story. I can't think of one solitary thing I didn't love about this book. Snowdance consumed me from the very first page. I couldn't put it down and read the whole book one sitting, just because I couldn't get my fill for knowing more about Elinor's life satisfied quickly enough. Who would have guessed an old woman's story could be so charming? It is, I promise you that. I laughed and cried, and just honestly loved every page. Sarita Leone is a talented writer, one who has gained a fan in this reviewer. Snowdance is her debut novel. I can't wait to see what comes next! Whatever it is, it's sure to be entertaining. Snowdance is a definite keeper!" - Rating: 5 out of 5 Reviewed by Amy, Gottawritenetwork.com

The entire review can be seen here. Thank you Amy!

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

That's fantastic! Congrats on the review :-)

Rebecca said...

wow - what an excellent review. Congratulations.