CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 07, 2007

Reading?

What are you reading? Really, what book is open on your bedside table? Or desk? Or ebook reader? Because I've just finished reading a great book (for the second time, I'll admit) and am wondering what I'll begin reading next.

Oh? What did I like so much I actually went back and re-read it? The Saddlemaker's Wife, by Earlene Fowler. I'm a huge Earlene Fowler fan. I love all of her quilt books. Benni and Gabe are memorable characters and I am thrilled with each new quilt book release. This book has a very different feel to it than Fowler's other books. It is the story of one woman's journey to her husband's hometown. She goes with his ashes, hoping to put him to rest and move on. She finds she's drawn to the world he's kept hidden from her, and the people he didn't share with her. It is a heartwarming tale. Obviously I enjoyed it--I read it twice.

But the question is what shall I read next? Any suggestions?

For my part, I suggest reading The Saddlemaker's Wife. It pulled me in--twice!

2 comments:

Manda Newlin said...

In keeping with the "The ___'s Wife," theme, I'll suggest "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. It's so inventive and interesting, and I wish I'd written it. :-)

Anonymous said...

For a heart-wrenching, put-things-in-perspective read, try "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn. It's fiction based on fact about persecuted Christians in China today. I couldn't put it down. Wendy