CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Four A.M. Temptations

Ha! I got you with the post title, didn't I? You probably thought there'd be something racy here but alas, it's just me. Again.

Oh, the early morning temptations? Sure, I'll share.

A lot of you know I rise at the ridiculous hour of...I don't know, maybe three or four a.m. and begin writing. I write, promo, blog, whatever needs to be done, for a bunch of hours before my wonderful husband wakes up. Because after he's awake, I'm all his and writing waits. We've got too much to do for me to spend endless hours at the keyboard. So, I am generally awake by four a.m.

And sometimes I give in to temptation. Occasionally I'll eat a cookie or two, just something to hold me over until we have breakfast. So there, my first temptational confession.

Other times, like this morning, I give in to the lure of poking in to random blogs. You know, the ones that scroll past on the sign-in menu? Such intriguing names, so many undiscovered sites... I'll admit that I often regret checking these out and have seen some truly disgusting things but once in a while, like this morning, I find something that holds my attention. This morning's random blog kept me hostage for ten minutes while I nosed about in someone else's garden. Photos of spiders and cleome, an herb garden, a cascade of something frilly and pink on an ancient stone wall. Yeah, it was right up my alley.

Oh? The name of the random blog? Let's see, it was...um, I think...no, that wasn't it. Maybe it was--well, I've forgotten the name of this morning's four a.m. temptation blogsite. Guess you'll just have to poke around yourself sometime, see what you can dig up. If you find anything interesting, please let me know. After all, I'm sure I'll need to be tempted again sometime soon.

Hey, I wonder... Do you think I'm ever the object of someone's four a.m. temptation? I hope I am. Kind of fun to think of someone sitting in a dark office, munching a cookie, reading about my latest work in progress or upcoming release.

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm up then, too... when else would I write? I'm a SAHM, homeschooling mom with a DH who likes to hang out in the evening.

The mornings are all mine :-)

Anonymous said...

You're not on your own, Sarita. Guess who else is an early bird - up at 3am today rewriting documents for accreditation AND reading a 48 page document that I didn't know existed. Now I'm about to tackle a 28 page ginormous list that needs completing before our assessment on Friday. Ha, I've beaten the lack-of-email problem!!!!xxxx