CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

I hope you're having a happy, healthy holiday season.

Here in the middle of nowhere we are taking time to enjoy family and friends. Mostly we're spending time quietly, sitting by the fireplace with mugs of cocoa. We've spent lots of time talking, reading, laughing and playing chess. Lots of movie-watching going on here, too. All in all, a lovely holiday week.

This might be a nutty decision, but I've decided to give JaNoWriMo a go. I love the spirit of community involved in writing months, and I enjoy watching others on their writing journey. I would be sad if I didn't even give the month a try. And what's the worst that can happen, writing-wise? I don't finish the book? No biggie!

So I'm going to work on a Regency romance called One Grand Season. I've got a sketchy plot in my mind, one the long hours staring at the flames and drinking hot chocolate is helping to take shape. I'm excited about the prospect. Hopefully the book will unfold like a dream. Wouldn't it be a great way to begin the new year?

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

YAY on JaNo! And, um... I wish I could send all of our snow to you since you don't mind getting it! LOL... Happy New Year a little early. I hope this is the best year for you, ever.

Sue W. said...

So glad to hear you are planning a new book. I am looking forward to hearing about it. Good luck!

Dru said...

I think that's great about JaNo.

Happy New Years!