CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 21, 2009

On Time

I’ve got to admit something here. Now, don’t go getting yourself all sorts of intrigued. My admission is something, if you’re a regular blog visitor, you’ve probably already surmised. And if you haven’t guessed, it’s not like the confession is going to make the headline news anyhow, so don’t get overly excited.

Oh, right. I was on the brink of an admission, wasn’t I?

The plain, unvarnished truth is I love it when plans go completely according to schedule. I know, I know…you took me for one of those seat-of-the-pants, anything-goes kind of gals, didn’t you? Well, I can be pretty carefree about some things. But about others? Not so much.

I’m honestly jazzed when a book gets written in the time I’ve allotted for it. I’m even more thrilled when a book is completed earlier than I anticipate—that’s something that really makes this writer’s heart thump. It usually happens, that the book gets written at least on time. Still…every time it does, I can’t help but smile.

Last night I finished Valentine’s Wishes. It, I’m tickled to say, was finished with days to spare. Yay!

Now that this Regency romance has been put to rest, I’m not going to begin anything new. I’m just going to sit around, drink cocoa and enjoy the holidays. I’ll relax, listen to Christmas music and chat on the phone. I’ll bake cookies, deck the halls and…

Oh, who do I think I’m kidding? You know as well as I do that before New Year’s Day I’ll have a new project underway.

Still…there’s always today, and from where I sit it’s as good a day as any to eat cookies and drink hot chocolate!

What about you? Any plans for this beautiful December day? And, any admissions you’d care to make? Hmm?

2 comments:

Dru said...

Congratulations on finishing Valentine's Wishes.

I will admit to liking how easy it was to machine-piece square blocks for the quilt that I made yesterday. It was way too easy and I didn't even have to mark seam allowances - I let the thing on the walking foot be my guide. But I don't want to give up hand-piecing. Okay, I admit it, I may if it saves my hands.

Have a good Monday.

Melissa McClone said...

Congrats!

I love when things run on time, but that doesn't happen much in my life these days so I'm learning to go with the flow. It sounds much easier than it is!

Have a nice day! I'm off to wrap presents!