CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Reading?

I'm sure you know the feeling. You open a book and get sucked right into the story. Hooked...line and sinker. There's no way to close the book, no way to put it down and simply walk away. It can't be done. Nope, you've got to stick with the story, find out just what happens to the characters. Now. Not tomorrow. Not the day after. Now.

You've. Got. To. Know.

So.

Last night I was pooped, beyond words worn out. We spent yesterday pulling out the gardens because of the widespread frost warning for Upstate New York. Being that we live in the middle of nowhere and it's generally colder here than practically anywhere else on Earth (all right, that's an exaggeration...but it's cold here. Really cold.) we knew enough to pull out the veggies and pick the fruit. We worked all day to get everything picked. Then we moved a bunch of huge pots into the greenhouse. Did I mention there are big plants in those huge pots? So by last night I was almost too tired to think. We ate cereal for dinner (that says just how tired we really were!), showered and settled down for the evening. Hubby watched a movie and I opened a book I'd picked up a couple of months ago but hadn't gotten a chance to read.

Bayou Paradox by Robin Caroll pulled me right in. I forgot my weariness, lost my aches and pains and got swept into a tangled web of intrigue and suspense set in the Louisiana bayou. In short, I loved it. The writing is clean and crisp, the story was filled with interesting characters and it kept me spellbound right up until the last page. I haven't read anything by this author before but I'll definitely look into buying her other Bayou books. I've read a bunch of Steeple Hill romances recently and haven't been disappointed by any of them. This one, however, really impressed me.

So, what have you been reading? Hmm? :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm reading The Gargoyle. Another of your recommendations! It is engrossing.

Dru said...

Well, I just finished this book this author that lives in Upstate New York and I loved it. This was also a book that I couldn't put down and had to finish it.

The next book I'm reading is Broken Pieces by Carla Cassidy.

Melissa McClone said...

I'm not reading anything but my own words at the moment!