CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Blowin' in the wind

If you live in the northeast there's a good chance you heard the wind last night. Actually, it's still blowing hard outside my window and it's nearly daybreak. Through the night from time to time I heard sharp cracking sounds. I suspect when it's light out we'll find we've lost some tree limbs.

Now normally wind wouldn't make its way into a Monday morning blog post--no matter how hard it huffed and puffed! But kept me awake through the night, insinuated itself into my dreams and placed its blustery self right smack-dab in the center of my plans for the story I'm going to begin writing this morning.

So here we are, talking about wind.

What had been the opening scenes in a historical love story are still the opening scenes in a historical romance...but with a twist. Now instead of our heroine making an uneventful, contemplative journey aboard a small vessel she's going to have a much stormier trip. This poor woman may even find herself stranded for a time with--you guessed it--the handsome boat captain himself.

Oh? The other passengers? I have a sad feeling they all drown. Hey, don't blame me. It's the wind's fault. Really.

Before the wind's arrival we had a relaxing weekend here on the farm. We hiked through our freshly mowed meadow, fed the fish in the pond and lazed away our Sunday afternoon reading in the shade. We had a great time...and I hope you did, too. How did you spend your weekend?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We don't have wind but it's muggy here. Ugh!

Our weekend was spent cleaning out the garage. I'd like to switch with you, please.

Dru said...

You should have seen the wind this morning and we had tree limbs all over the courtyard. Anytime wind pushes me and I move with it, those are strong wind gusts.

I had a nice weekend taking just relaxing.

Wendy said...

Ah, the bliss of living on the Canadian west coast - no wind, no rain (for once) - just beautiful blue skies and perfect temperatures. And how did I spend my weekend? Fighting the crowds at Wal-Mart and complaining about the heat as I tried to nap yesterday afternoon. I need a kick in the pants!

Anonymous said...

That's funny that the other passengers go down with the ship. I can't wait to read this one!

Pam :^)

Melissa McClone said...

Have fun with the historical. We had a beautiful, hot sunny weekend. It was a lot of fun.