CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Rainy Saturdays

When I was a kid I despised rainy Saturdays. What kid doesn't? Now I smile when I see rain in the weekend forecast. Especially now, when we're fully into harvesting and the rest of it. A rainy day? You know what that means, don't you?

No vegetable picking! Yay! No bushels, baskets or bunions. (You don't get bunions from veggie picking--at least I don't. I can't speak for everyone, mind you. But it fit...the whole "b" thing, you know? So...bunions.)

Still, there's a lot of freezing and canning happening here. I'll be doing more today but so far this week I've made:

blackberry jam,

bread and butter pickles


and tomatoes. Lots of tomatoes.


And because rain is in the forecast, I figured I'd bring a few flowers.
Happy Saturday ! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! You amaze me.

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

Wow. Those look so good! Hope you enjoyed your rainy day.