CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fuzzy Navel

A maple in the side yard gives up its leaves earlier than the others. A warm breeze sends a shower of yellow and crimson spiraling through the air. They sit side by side on the glider, tipping their heads back in enjoyment.

Peace. This is what peace feels like.

Then, he emerges from the house. Using long stride he moves quickly. When he's standing alongside the glider he looks down.

He smiles. "Enjoying yourself?"
She nods. "Mmm hmm."
I look from one to the other. Duh.

He gives an understanding nod. "Thinking about chapter 3, huh?"
She shrugs. "Uh huh..."
I scowl, but my whiskers get in the way. What else would she be doing?

He begins, "Need some more time to...?"
She finishes, "Contemplate my navel?"
My--what? I look down at the fuzz covering my belly. Am I supposed to have a navel?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Piglet! How sweet!

Melissa McClone said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!

Pam

Marianne Arkins said...

I can so see that, LOL!!!

Wendy said...

How cutes - I love it!