CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Have you noticed?

The flowers all seem exceptionally gorgeous this time of year?


Bigger? More alert than usual?


Doesn't this zinnia look like it's waiting for something?
Someone, maybe?

Gladiolas bloom.

Beg to be picked.

Every bed of cosmos is overflowing.

Morning glories are...well, glorious.

Don't even get me started on the sunflowers!

They all stand at attention.

I love these. So friendly looking.
This field of sunflowers is near our house.
Every year I think we should plant a field like this.
And every year I enjoy this one instead.
Maybe next year we'll plant our own.
Maybe not.

I grew these blanketflowers from seed.
Don't they look like they're waiting?
Watching?
Wondering?
Huh.
Maybe they've seen this.
Maybe they know what's just around the corner...
*sigh*
Where did summer go?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when you post photographs. The flowers are beautiful. The farm looks so inviting.

Dru said...

The flowers are beautiful especially the Gladiolas.

Ah, the leaf letting me know that my favorite time of the year is approaching...Fall.

Anonymous said...

So many flowers! Your gardens must be full.

Love them.

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

Wow, beautiful flowers. I'm envious!

Mary said...

Me too. I've got the blackest thumb on the block! Everything I plant dies. It looks like everything you plant flourishes. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful. I wish our weather had been warm enough that things could actually bloom that vibrantly. We did have a random sunflower that's opened. I'll have to take another peek at it today now that the weather is a bit warmer.

Thanks for sharing.