CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Confession Time

Got your attention, didn't I? You're looking for something juicy. Salacious. Nefarious, perhaps.

So disappointing when your expectations aren't met, isn't it? Sorry!

My confession?

First, I'll admit I'm percolating ideas for a new book. The second book in a series, so the characters remain but the situation changes. I have been considering, then discarding, plots for the past week or so. I think I've finally got it pretty much nailed down, so now the research starts.

And that's where the confession comes in. So often, readers comment on the details of stories, the bits and pieces that add dimension and interest. It's funny because people assume I just know all the stuff I write about. I don't. Really, I had no idea what the little lacy thing Regency women wore to cover their upper chests was called until I googled it. In case you're wondering, it's called a fichu. But I didn't know it before...well, before I learned about period dress. Now, I know.

But research, that's the key. I love learning, so this is a fun part of this writer's journey.

The new book? Some parts take place in a very old, very famous landmark so the research will be fun. I can't wait to learn the ins and outs, about construction snafus and past events which went well--or not.

So, a good part of my day will be spent researching. What about you? Any plans for this gorgeous Thursday?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

work, that's my plan and nothing good to confess either!!

Sending love,
Sue W.

Mary said...

Is this another zombie book? I can't wait to read the first one!

sharon said...

I am going to lay low today. Just take it easy and slide into the weekend.

Dru said...

I'm chilling from a busy day.

Melissa McClone said...

Have fun! I'm going to try to put a bigger dent into my new proposal as well as schooling the kids. Will get your gift card to you today or tomorrow!