CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Blown Away

Have you watched The Voice? I happened upon it totally randomly last season and watched it because...well, I guess I watched it because I was half out of my mind and it was on the television screen. At that point, anything to pass the hours.

I won't even tell you how many nights I watched reruns on the cooking channel. All. Night. Long. Yes, I just wanted to pass the time.

But now, just when The Voice's season two begins, I am not out of my mind. This time around, I'm watching on purpose. You know what? Last year it passed the hours. This year, the two hours it was on flew by. Flew.

I love the premise. Singers need to convince a judge to take them onto a team based purely on the way they sing. No flashy costumes. No wiggling hips. No measure of beauty...other than the voice.

The talent on the show just blows me away. Ordinary people with extraordinary voices and huge talent.

And an added bonus? Since it's mostly singing, I play Spider Solitaire without missing any of the action. See? Multi-tasking on a Monday night.

How did you spend your Monday night?

2 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I don't watch much television, but I see the clips every once in a while. It's nice to see so much talent.

Monday night was spent catching up on three days of email and old blog posts.

sharon said...

My Monday night was spent doing laundry. Folding and putting away, the worst jobs I think.

I'll look for this show next week. Sounds interesting.