CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Understood?

While in Mexico, I picked up a few popular books in Spanish. I enjoy reading foreign language books--in the languages I'm familiar with, of course!--because it keeps me sort of "brushed up" on skills that might otherwise get rusty. I generally read with a dictionary by my side to catch the words or phrases I don't comprehend right away.

Yesterday was cold and blustery here. The perfect day for reading while the laundry whooshed in the machine. I built a roaring fire, pulled one of the books from the stack and settled in. Instantly, lost in a great story. Don't you love when that happens?

What was I reading? La CabaƱa by William P. Young. Mostly, it's called The Shack and was highly recommended by several people. Now that I'm nearly through the story, I can see why it's caused such a buzz. I'm enjoying it, even though I'm plodding through and looking up unfamiliar words as I read.

So, that's what's keeping me busy here on the farm. Today I hope to finish the book. What about you? Anything interesting going on with you these days?

1 comments:

Mary said...

I read The Shack and really got a lot out of it. Great book.