CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 30, 2007

A new challenge

Just checking my emails on this rainy Monday morning...delete SPAM--ick, can't even stand the sound of that...ah, mails from writing friends, good, I'll read those in a sec...hmm...editor--second round of edits on short story--probably all grammar bits now. Ugh. Will do that in two secs, after I read friendly mail...oh, what's this? Mail from another Wild Rose Press author? Hmm...

Aha! A challenge for a gloomy Monday morning, one that makes my blood heat and my pulse quicken. She's organizing a May NaNoWriMo-- a MaNoWriMo!! Same principle as the November National Novel Writing Month. 30 days, 50,000 words.

Do I want to participate? Hmm, let's see...well, it took less than a half a second to say "YES!!" in my mind and it'll take a minute to write the email that will commit me to particpating, but the thrill I'm feeling over the prospect of the adventure of writing a new novel in May is sure to stick with me for...ah, welll, probably for at least a month!

So with this morning's mail I've been given the opportunity to stretch myself once again. It's an opportunity I'm pleased to accept. So thanks, Lauren. Yes, I'll write with all of you! I know we'll have a great time, and hopefully by June 1st we'll each have a novel we can be proud of.

There you have it, the first challenge of the week. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Oh, that's right! Tomorrow will bring the first words of the May novel. :)

Now, back to my emails...

0 comments: