CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Finding Time

Have you any idea how often an author hears "Oh, when I have the time I'm going to write a book, too"? I won't even get started on just exactly what I honestly think about that statement. I'll just say, "Lotsa luck."

Does anyone realize just how hard it is to find the time to write a book?

Authors know that it is a matter of making the time to write a book. No, we don't manufacture minutes or hours, that would be great but we all know how impossible it is. No, authors who are determined to keep writing make use of hours others generally use for different things. Like sleeping. A lot of my writing is done during the wee hours, when darkness reigns and others snore. Would I like to be sleeping, too? You betcha. So why am I awake, pushing my fingers against the keys as quickly as they'll move? Because a lot of days, those are the only hours I have free. I make the sleeping hours writing hours. I make the time.

So, do you think those folks who're going to write a book when they find the time are willing to sacrifice sleep for writing?

Come on, do you really think they will?

That's what I thought, too.

Until next time...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's how you do it!! LOL. I wondered, since I know how busy you are. No sleep, eh? I'm not sure I'm that dedicated. But I'm glad you are! I"ll just hang back and read what you've written.

Adrienne