CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 01, 2007

February, the compact month

Ah, another month. In a way it feels weird because I'm just settling into January yet it's already February. And February isn't just any other month, it's the shortest month, although I like to think of it as compact. Because really, that's what we do, isn't it? We smash everything we need to do into the span of two or three less days than we're usually allotted, compacting our lives to fit the calendar. Ah...leap years give us the luxury of being a bit less compact, don't they?

Anyhow, the rustling and whispering has already begun so I'm going to do my part to spill the beans, too. The Wild Rose Press special project that I've been a part of for the past two months will formally be announced to the public in a few days but I'm letting you all in on it now. The special project for the upcoming year is a series of romance stories, linked by an heirloom Celtic brooch. The title of the series is, I think, The Legacy of the Brooch. It's wonderfully exciting, and participation in the project was by editor invitation, which was incredibly flattering. There are thirteen stories, thirteen authors and the series will release a title a month throughout this year and into next.

Why bring it up now? Because my story is due by the end of the month, this wonderfully compact month! But at least when someone asks what I'm writing I'll have an answer for the next twenty eight days. Oh, the tentative title for my story is Freedom's Touch but that is subject to change. Until a piece is complete I'm never absolutely certain of a title, and even then there are times when they change just prior to publication.

So now that you know what I'll be up to all month long...what will you be doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really exciting! I can't wait to read your story. When will it be available?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ivy. I think it will be published at the end of March. I'll post the actual date here when I get it from the publisher. Again, thanks for your interest.:-)