CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 02, 2007

Thanks, Phil!

This morning, as I watch snowflakes swirl outside my window, my thoughts turn to something (someone?) who is not even remotely connected to any of my latest writing endeavors. In fact, he's a topic that I only consider a few times a year. Who or what is it that has brought a grin to my face on this cold, snowy morning? Punxsutawney Phil! No shadow! Early spring! Way to go, Phil!

The following snippet from the morning's news is enough to warm anyone's heart:

Phil did not see his shadow on Friday which, according to German folklore, means folks can expect an early spring instead of six more weeks of winter. Since 1886, Phil has seen his shadow 96 times, hasn't seen it 14 times and there are no records for nine years, according to the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club. The last time Phil failed to see his shadow was in 1999.

So this morning I'll be raising my morning coffee in toast to today's newsflash and Punxsutawney Phil, the prognosticating rodent.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Phil!!