CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Go to the Mattresses

Around here we can practically recite parts of "The Godfather"--even the Italian passages. It's one of our favorite movies. Don't ask me why, because I don't have a good answer to give. It just is.

So when things get bumpy, we just naturally look at each other and say, "We've got to go to the mattresses." We hunker down, huddle together and wait the storm out.

What about you? When life gets nuts, what do you do? Do you go to the mattresses, or do you have a different plan?

Us? We're finding it pretty comfy here in our matress nest. Later on, I think we'll watch Part Two of The Movie. You know, the one where they tell the story in flashbacks. I just love the old-fashioned clothes and cars, and watching New York and Italy from a historical slant.

Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Sue W. said...

We do just about the same thing. We close up and ride out a storm when we need to. I hope you can emerge from the mattress nest real soon.

{{{Hugs}}}

Mary said...

I guess we huddle in too. Although my DH will try to pretend things are fine and go about his business when he can get away with that.

I'm thinking of you both! I picture you watching old movies from the matresses, LOL.

Dru said...

I hope you're having a better day. I'm thinking of the both of you. Have fun watching your movies.

Anonymous said...

You are both in our thoughts and prayers. I hope this time "in the mattresses" will be exactly what is needed to take care of things.

Love you!
Lisa