CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A Dandelion Tale, Part One

"It's no big deal. My mother always dumped the stuff in a big garbage can in the basement, waited a couple of months, then bottled it. Tasted real good, too."

"Oh, sure, I've made dandelion wine. Not hard, reallly. Just some dandelions, sugar and a little bit of yeast. Patience, that's the key. You've got to be willing to wait for it to mature before you drink it."

"What's not to like? Fast. Easy. Cheap. I had a grandmother who made the best dandelion wine around...now that I think of it, I don't think she even used a recipe. Just some flowers and sugar. Oh, yeah. And yeast. That's it, though."

It sounds like a walk in the park, doesn't it? No big deal, they said. Quick and easy...and something anyone could do.

So I picked flowers.

Then, I cooked them.

Followed a recipe. Added "this and that" to the pot.

Then, I bottled the stuff and prepared to wait it out.

And that, my friends, is when things got dicey.

7 comments:

Dru said...

oh, you have to tell us what happened. It does look easy and simple though.

Sue W. said...

You left me hanging!!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hmmm... did you have to sterilize the bottle?

I want to know what happened! LOL

Wendy said...

Okay . . . what happened?!?!?

Mary said...

A mystery...sure looks yummy, that is a super color! Like summer in a bottle. Can't wait to see what happens next!!!

Nicole McCaffrey said...

LOL oh I can hardly wait to hear how this one turns out.... don't keep us in suspense too long!

Marianne Arkins said...

I never thought I'd say this... but you are a rotten person.

Leaving us hanging.... i'll be up all night wondering.