CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Wrapping Up

Ah, it's Friday. How many of you are psyched because it's the end of the work week? Quite a few, I'd wager. Good for you! I hope you've got great plans for the weekend. I hope, too, that the weather where you are is glorious.

Me? I've had a great week. Really. Even though I had to go you-know-where on Wednesday. It actually went very well, my yearly weigh-in, although I must confess I'm going to miss my doctor when she moves. A lot. I'm not often ill and you can tell I don't love the yearly exam but I really, really like the doc. She's smart and personable and now that she doesn't wear her white coat when she comes into the exam room my blood pressure doesn't go through the tile ceiling, so it's all good. But now...gotta break in a new doc.

Yikes.

But back to the week. After the doc episode I spent most of Wednesday pottering in the greenhouse. I mean, isn't that what greenhouses are for? Pottering? The amount of pottering I'm doing is substantial but the space allocated for said pottering? Shrinking by the second! My little greenhouse is filled with plants, which isn't a bad thing. It's alarming, however, to see how quickly veggies and flowers will grow given greenhouse conditions. I am in awe of the seedlings whose leaves double overnight. I can almost hear their little green selves stretching and growing. It's great, but my pottering room is being taken over by plant life!

Yesterday I got my hair cut. I've been avoiding the whole hair styling gig for months now. My stylist had a baby and decided not to return to the salon so I've been a head without a stylist for months now. My hair was halfway down my back which would be fine if I didn't pull it into--oh, am I really going to admit this to all of you?--that dratted ponytail everyday. Ugh. The ponytail, it made me feel like I was a teenager but hey, it works at keeping long hair out of eyes. Every time I pulled it back I'd think of the scene in Sabrina where the Frenchman tells her she must do something with her hair because she looks like a horse's tail.

Summoning up my courage, I phoned and made an appointment with a new stylist. Kristen transformed me, and now instead of long hair I've got a shoulder-length cut that looks so good I got compliments on it from perfect strangers when I went to the grocery store! How's that for a nice way to end the afternoon?

I've had a lot of "firsts" recently and forsee a few more in my not-too-distant future but so far it's all working out. Change, even good change, can be unsettling, don't you think? It is for me, at least, because I'll admit I'm pretty much a creature of habit. What about you? Do you jump gleefully into new situations and embrace them? Or are you more like I am, moving cautiously, testing the waters, before deciding whether or not you're satisfied with the new situation?

And how was your week? Any plans for the weekend? :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your week sounds fabulous, even with the doctor's visit. I'm not good with change. In fact I'm pretty bad about it. Get stressed and all that.

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much a creature of habit. But if there is change in the air I'm also pretty good at trying to act "cool" even if it gives me the tom tits!

This weekend? Mine has started but I'm afraid I'm going to have to go into work for half a day tomorrow.

Aussie Jude

Unknown said...

My week was one I'd rather forget. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. So glad the weekend is here!

Dru said...

I'm a creature of habit but I will accept something new as long as I've thought it through and saw the consequences of it.

If it doesn't rain this weekend as predicted, I'm going to the NY Aquarium.

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

My weekend is going to be a good one! Hubby home, relaxing, eating too much. All good stuff.

Enjoy yours!

Jennifer

Marianne Arkins said...

You're making me want to chop-chop my hair now!

I have greenhouse envy. :-) Wish I was nearby and could potter right along with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my week is over.

Isn't it amazing what a great haircut csn do for a gal?

I've had short-hair moments lately, but I'm resisitng, because I forget how much WORK short hair is for me. The long is MUCH easier to take care of.

So glad you've been able to spend some time in the greenhouse. I think plants grow exponentially in a green house. Take a picture of your greenhouse jungle, and share. We've had no time to plant anything here....

Oh, I meant to ask: where did you get the seeds for your walking stick kale?