CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Planting, Quilting and Reading


Happy Friday! I hope you've all had a good week. Here we're having a wonderful time. Nice and warm, sunny and with just a hint of a soft breeze blowing. Perfect planting weather, which is something we've done an awful lot of these past days.

Perfect sewing weather, too. I thought I'd share a couple of the crib quilts I've made in the past week or so. As you can see, I've got both sexes covered with these!

Oh, and I've been reading The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chaiverini. Again. This is one book that I really adore so a few times a year I take it down off the shelf and read it. There is a whole series of "quilt" books by this author, The Elm Creek Quilts series, but this is the only one I've got so I just read it over and over. Yeah, I'm pretty easily satisfied! I keep thinking I'll get around to picking up the other books in this series but I just never do. I know I'll love them all; Jennifer Chiaverini is a master storyteller. Her words create images that make me feel like I'm right in the story, and her characters are so true-to-life I can almost hear their voices when they speak. If you haven't read anything by this author you might want to give her a try. I don't think you'll be sorry you did!

So what have you been reading? And have you had a nice week?

Any plans for the weekend? Here, we'll be planting...and sewing. Have a good one! :)













7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

So pretty!!! I love them all. Great colors, great patterns.

Reading? Um... nothing. Haven't had time, and how sad is that?

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I really love the patchy one! They are all super but that one has some beautiful colors. The yellow is so vibrant.

Do you make quilts to sell too? I would be interested in a twinsize if you do. Just asking!

Pam

Dru said...

Your quilts are gorgeous. I'm an amateur next to you. I have a couple of questions to ask about stitching. I'll email them to you.

We're having rain all day on Saturday, bummer.

I've been reading a lot of cozy mysteries, regular mysteries and romantic suspense. The latest book I'm reading is Take Me If You Can by Karen Kendall.

Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

All beautiful but I am in love with the pinwheels. That blue and yellow is gorgeous!!!

I'm with Pam. Do you sell the quilts?

How do you manage to get so much done?

I'm reading an old Susan Wittig but I can't recall the name. Something about lavender I think. Who knows? It is good and that is all that matters!!

Melissa McClone said...

Beautiful quilts Serena! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilts, especially the top two. But then I love my Eagles football team so I guess the bottom one is their colors. Decisions, decisions!
I'm going up into the hills to see the grandsons and watch them play football this weekend.
Reading a $4 book I bought at the local newsagency...it's so good I can't even remember the name!
Have a good weekend!

Aussie Jude

Anonymous said...

LOVE the crazy-quilt sqaures! Those quilts are beautiful, Sarita.

Did a lot of reading on my vacation:

The Lightning Theif
Goddess Games
an ARC I received

Getting ready to start Oh. My. Gods.