CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Keeping Busy

I've got to tell you, I'm really enjoying my hubby's birthday request! *G* He asked that I spend more time with him so I've done just that, working less and relaxing more. It took a few days to settle into the new routine but now that I'm settled...wow! Who knew relaxing could be so much fun?

I haven't exactly been twiddling my thumbs. The past few days have been overcast and rainy so while we've puttered in the yard during the sunny breaks we've spent a lot of time in the house. What have we been doing? I hoped you'd ask!

Hubby's been getting the basement straightened out. Between us, there's nothing to straighten but hey, if he feels the need to fine tune it's all right by me. Keeps him happy? All good.

I've spent a lot of time sewing. I don't know if I told you all but last year I made fifteen quilts to give as Christmas gifts. That's right, fifteen. I know, I know...I should have my head examined. But I think we made a lot of people happy with our heartfelt gifts and that's really important to us so it was definitely worth the trouble. But I have steered mostly clear of sewing quilts since then. Can you blame me?

This week I got back in the quilting saddle and I'm having a blast. So far I've stitched two baby quilts and a table runner for our kitchen table. Last night I cut the pieces for a pinwheel quilt so if it rains this weekend I'm set to go to work. This one is going to be a stars and stripes quilt, very boy-ish which is good because both of this week's baby quilts are pink and yellow, definitely girly.

We're heading out to run a few errands this morning. On my list of places to stop is the fabric store. My plan is to pick up a length of muslin to begin a new embroidery project. I haven't done a piece of redwork in years but suddenly I've got the urge. So, muslin and red embroidery floss is on my list along with grill foods and bird seed. Yes, it's going to be a wonderful Friday!

See what can happen when I take some time off? It's almost scary!

Hope you're having a great week. Any plans for the long holiday weekend?

5 comments:

Dru said...

Wow, 15 quilts. I'm impressed. The most I've done at one time was 7 quilted pillows and those are easier to make.

I would love to see pictures of the quilts you recently finished. I like looking at other people's quilt because it gives me ideas.

Do you machine stitch the whole thing? Do you have one of those big quilting machine, I think they are called long something?

Handmade gifts are the best presents anyone can receive.

Good luck on your quilting projects.

Have a good weekend. I don't have any immediate plans but who knows what will happen.

Anonymous said...

I love pinwheel quilts. So glad you're enjoying your new regime.

My weekend plans include travel! Yay! Taking a plane to SoCal to visit my family.

Anonymous said...

I want to see the quilts, please. Do you make them to sell them, also?

Pam

PS We're just hanging around the house this weekend!

Marianne Arkins said...

You and Dru are giving me the quilting bug!!! I used to quilt, but haven't done it in a dozen years. But... I can feel the itch.

Glad you're enjoying your down time!

Melissa McClone said...

Glad the b-day gift is working out so well.

We're spending the weekend in the mountains and hoping to ski if it's not raining!