CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

So many words, so little time

I have been taking a short break from writing. Since I finished my NaNo novel I've just been sort of coasting. I did write a short story and I did put the finishing touches on a novella but aside from those little bits, I've avoided writing. Why? Because I know that if I don't steer clear of the keyboard I just may begin working on something new. Something big. Something that requires a commitment of at least a few weeks. Something like, um, another novel. And really, I don't want to do that. No new novels before the end of the year.


No new novels before the end of the year. No new...


My plan is to begin the New Year with an empty plate. Then I'm going to sit back, think long and hard and decide what I'm going to write next. I know, it's not like me to think before I jump but this time that's what I'm going to do. I think. I hope. Um...maybe.


Anyhow, I'm loving this down time. Have been doing oodles of pleasure reading. Very relaxing, with Christmas carols playing, the scent of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air and snow falling outside my window. You know, I think I could get used to this whole avoid-the-computer thing. For a while at least. Like, until January 1st. Then, all bets are off.

1 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

If I take time off, it's next to impossible to get back into the writing habit again. I really prefer to do something every day.

But... Judy says I'm not just a Type A, I'm a Type A+++ personality.

She may be right.