CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Daydreaming

I don't know if this happens to other authors or not. I only know it happens to me.

When I finish a big project (like the November NaNo novel) or a couple of shorter things written back-to-back (like the two short stories I wrote and subbed last week) I have an interval directly following that we call the daydreaming phase. It's like my head shuts down. I walk around daydreaming, almost like I'm recharging. No writing, just daydreaming. Random pieces of plots, wisps of new characters, snippets of dialogue...they float in random waves through my head.

Do you think this happens to everyone? Or...um, maybe I'm just strange.

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Yep, you're weird.

But I like you anyway (does that make ME weird?)!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Uh huh, it does. :)