CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Reading

I think writers are some of the most voracious readers around. At least, I know I am. I practically inhale books, especially when I'm taking a little break from my own writing, like I am now. Too, we've had perfect winter reading weather: ice, followed by snow, then some more ice, a wee bit of wet, rainy yuck, then snow again. And now we've got wind. Big, loud, howling wind that blows the snow around and obscures any hope of seeing what's in front of you. Yeah, it's a great time for staying indoors, curling up beside the fireplace and reading. And that's exactly what I've been doing.

What am I reading? Well, the Christmas books, of course. A Christmas Carol, the stack of romantic holiday books I keep stashed in my bedside table, The Autobiography of Santa Claus and How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas, both by Jeff Guinn and a few others that I reread every season. I love holiday stories, even though they're all essentially the same. I mean, really, the Grinch is always saved, isn't he? Still, I like 'em.

Today, after we clear the new snow from our drive (only to watch it thrown back in by the wind, I'm sure) I'm going to deviate from the holiday reading schedule and dive into In Her Bed by Deborah MacGillivray. I was lucky enough to win an autographed copy a while ago and I've been keeping it in my desk drawer. Looks like today will be the perfect sort of day for reading warm, sultry romance. It might be cold outside but I've got a feeling this afternoon will be very warm here, LOL!

Like I said, writers, they love to read. Especially this one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read your book twice. I loved it.

Pam