CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hello? Spring?

All right, so the east coast was hit with a monster snowstorm yesterday. For once, we were (thankfully!) spared, with just a couple of inches covering our lawn. How many is a couple here? I don't know, I haven't been outside yet, but the view on the deck looks like we got five or six inches. Yeah, a half-foot is just a couple here at this point! Funny how point of view changes by the tail end of the snow season, isn't it? Because it is the tail end, isn't it? Please say it is!


Please!


Yesterday's snow was silver lined. I spent a good chunk of the day, about five hours, writing. It's the first time in months I've had the chance to do that, just sit and write uninterrupted. You know what? It felt glorious. Fabulous beyond words. I don't think I realized how much I missed writing like that.


I wrote just over 4,500 words, and I'm very pleased with how the story is evolving. I managed to tweak some early pages, as well, so I'm just grinning from ear to ear here. And since there's no sign of a spring thaw in sight, I'm going to spend a good part of today writing. It felt great yesterday, so why not continue?


What have you got planned for this un-springlike day? Or is there a hint of spring in the air where you live?

5 comments:

Kara Lynn Russell said...

Sarita,
We have plenty of snow here, but not as much as other places this year. I think it is because our weather has been exceptionally cold. There were very few days in January where it got above zero for more than a few hours. Two days so cold that all the schools in the state were shut down. Nobody wanted kids waiting at bus stops in -40 weather. Which is worse - cold or snow?

Your writing day sounds heavenly, esp. as I'm just about to head of to my "real" job. I like my real job, but it's not as much fun as writing.

Enjoy your day!

Melissa McClone said...

Wow! Five hours of writing time and that many words. I'd be floating on air if that happened to me.

And I'd rather have snow over cold any day!

Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you made the best of the snowstorm! Lots of words, congratulations on that!

No snow here but not spring either. Just kind of gloomy looking. I agree with you about being able to use spring! I hope it comes soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the writing!

Pam

Dru said...

I'm glad you're writing since I know how much you love spending your time doing.

Not much going on today,just practicing my stitches.