CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Dashing through the...uh, sunshine

It just doesn't sound the same, does it? I'm sitting here humming the song but without the snow it's just not right. Oh well.

Still, I'm sorry to say I'm in Dash Mode. Even without the snow and sleigh, I've got to post and dash. Sorry!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was great. Let's see...what did we do?

Lots of wonderful, warm moments spent outside. We finally finished planting every little old thing here (except the perennial sweet peas. They go in this week--I promise!) and that feels good. We've already got little peppers on some of the plants and flowers on the tomatoes so it won't be long before we're busy harvesting.

We rowed on the pond. One of my favorite things to do, hands down. :)

I got an impromptu lesson in making Chinese dumplings. It was incredibly interesting, something I won't ever forget. I have never eaten a dumpling but learning how to make them was an amazing experience. I've never seen dough made using chopsticks. What a treat! And I got a lesson in chives...Chinese chives are different from the ones I've got growing, the plain, old ordinary chives. Who knew?

The best part of the Chinese cooking lesson? We made new friends.

The highlight of our weekend was dancing in the dark last night. Yes, the night was starry and warm, and on the way back to the house from the barn the man took me in his arms and we danced a little dance. It doesn't get any better than that, believe me.

So the reason for my dashing this morning? This week I've got to give the final edits to a manuscript. Then I've got to (finally!) put the last words to a new book. After all of that I'll be pretty much home free for a while. But today, I'm on the run.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Was there a high point to your Saturday and Sunday you'd like to share? I'm all ears!

5 comments:

Dru said...

Your husband is such a darling man.

I love bargains and I found that in the mall.

Anonymous said...

love the flatbread recipe on your kitchen blog. I'm going to try that one tonight. thanx!

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely evening! And yay for getting everything planted...and putting those finishing touches on the edits and finishing words on the book.

Marianne Arkins said...

Perennial sweet peas??? Who knew!

And, yeah, we all love your DH.

:-)

Anonymous said...

It seems that your dumplings turned out fine. I wanted to share a great site with you about Chinese cooking. They have great how to video, tutorials, and instructions on how to prepare great tasting Chinese food. You can get some free recipes to try out. If you have problems making your food turn out right, they have easy to understand videos that will take you by the hand to make your food taste great. You really need to take a look at this, take a look at http://www.youtube.com/wokfusion, or go to them directly at http://www.wokfusion.com.