CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Got Beans?

Last night we were hungry, but not really hungry. You know the feeling, don't you? We'd eaten a late lunch, so by the time dinnertime arrived neither of us had an appetite. We waited, and by nine o'clock we were beginning to feel kind of empty. But the dilemma--eating a large meal that late, just a few hours before bedtime?

Seemed not a good idea, so I pulled together a fast soup. I added the leftover half of a loaf of bread I'd made on Sunday and we had a meal. Easy, tasty and available on a moment's notice. All good, right? I thought I'd share the recipe, just in case you find yourself in the same sort of mood sometime. I hope you enjoy it!



Fast Bean Soup


1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup uncooked small pasta
1 can cannellini beans
2 diced tomatoes
1/2 cup spinach
1/4 t. salt
Parmesan cheese

Saute onion and garlic in butter and oil. Add broth, bring to a boil, and then add the pasta, beans, tomatoes, spinach and salt. Simmer until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with hot, crusty bread.

1 comments:

Dru said...

I think I'm going to make this.