CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Confession

Looking for something juicy, aren't you? Yeah, I know. You're poking in, hoping to find something out of "True Confessions", something that'll make you shake your head and grin all day long. A tidbit to liven up an otherwise-ordinary Monday, right?

Sorry to disappoint. Nothing salacious here at Casa Leone. All perfectly normal...well, as far as "normal" goes here!

But I do have a confession to make. It's got to do with the upcoming Period of Writing Madness, also known as National Novel Writing Month. I've signed on to do the November challenge. It's the fifth time I'll do it, and I'm kind of looking forward to it, in a hands-over-eyes, dropping-rollercoaster kind of way.

Yeah, my stomach has butterflies the size of zebras in it. And the zebras? They're carrying signs in their mouths. I won't tell you what those signs say exactly, but they all question my sanity.

The confession? I'm beginning to question it, too. Whatever possessed me to think I could write 50,000 new words in November? With all that's going on here, it's going to be sheer madness to even attempt this thing.

I must be out of my mind!

Huh. Somehow I don't believe you're shocked by mind out-of-mind confession, are you?

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

If I recall correctly ... you wrote TWO 55k novels last NaNo, yes?

So writing "only" 55k should be a breeze.

Just saying.

Dru said...

Confessions are good for the soul.

oh yeah, you did write two last year.

Good luck this year with NaNo. I bet it will go fast for you.

Have a good Monday.

Melissa McClone said...

Good luck! I didn't even sign up this year because of the deadline. It feels weird not at least participating in some way!

Ceri Hebert said...

I have every confidence in you! We're in this together. I get those doubts too, but I (almost) always pull through. You'll be fine!