CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Mango a Day...

Blustery fall weather makes me want to bake.

I love to bake any time of year, but these first chilly days really draw me to the kitchen. Today's adventure includes one of my very favorite simple recipes.

And lest you think I'm running out to the grocery store for anything, let me clear things up. The mango? It's from the freezer. During the summer mango glut I sliced and froze a bunch, so all I've got to do is thaw out one small package for the recipe.

I hope you have a great day. Me? I'm going to be up to my elbows in flour--and loving every minute of it!

Mango Bread

2 cups flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups chopped ripe mango
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and oil until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl in small amounts, mixing well after each addition to incorporate flour mixture. Add mangoes and lemon juice.

Pour batter into two lightly-greased loaf pans and place in preheated, 350-degree oven. Loaves bake in 40-45 minutes. Cool on racks before serving.

3 comments:

Sue W. said...

Yum! Hugs to your honey! I bet he's happy you're baking, LOL.

Mary said...

I love mangoes! Thanks for the recipe!

Melissa McClone said...

My minds on Pumpkin bread right now, but I'll keep this recipe in mind when up for a little taste of summer or the tropics! Thanks.