CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 06, 2009

Quiet Friday

Gearing up for a very quiet end to the week. Seems natural, considering this was a banner week in this house! Yesterday's outing was short, but oh-so sweet. We didn't make it to the pizzeria, but there are sure to be more outings so I definitely see us getting back to doing "normal" stuff. The mini-adventure took its toll, so we are going to have a restful day. At least hubby is. Me? I've got a few things to do before I can hunker down and relax.

My chores aren't exciting, but they are necessary. This morning I'll mop the floors, dust and vacuum. I've got a couple of loads of laundry to do. And I'll make some quick sauce and roast some peppers and onions early, so they'll be ready at dinnertime. I'll make the Friday night pizza later on, and will be pleased when most of the work, with its cleanup, is already out of the way.

After lunch I plan to write for a couple of hours. Hubby will be resting so I'll make good use of the quiet time. The book I'm working on is going well...almost too well, if you know what I mean. I plan to throw a little monkey wrench into the mix this afternoon. Hey, I don't want this heroine to have an easy time of it! Nope, she'll have to work a bit if she wants to get to her happily-ever-after. She should be glad I don't make her shovel snow...

I hope to find an hour or two late this afternoon to read. Yesterday I felt like Queen for a Day because I got to peruse the bookshelf at the grocery store! I know, it seems so silly but when your life gets turned upside down the small things take on a whole new meaning. It's been months since I've gotten to buy a book so I picked up three. I could've taken the whole shelf but I restrained myself! Today I plan to dive into Shirley Jump's The Bridesmaid and the Billionaire. This book looks like a fast, fun romantic read and is just what I need!

What about you? Any Friday plans? I hope you have a lovely day, and I hope that you find some time in your day to relax. :-)

3 comments:

Dru said...

I'm going to enjoy my day off and do some embroidery. I'm going to make my first embroidery piece using the two stitches I know.

Enjoy your Friday and have a good weekend.

Wendy said...

I'm going to hear my granddaughter compete in a Speech Meet this morning. Go Emily!!

Melissa McClone said...

I've got a very busy day planned with very little down time until about 10 pm tonight. I'm not looking forward to it.