CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Bits and pieces

It's Friday already? It's hard to believe but I've just checked the calendar and it's true. It's Friday. Really, it is. But you already know that, don't you?

Me? A little slow on the uptake, apparently. Honestly, I feel like I just wrote the Monday post sharing all the stuff I had on this week's To-do list. The days have flown...

The good news is I've all but cleared up the list. I kid you not! The edits on the upcoming book are almost done. A couple hours from now they'll be off to my editor. And the book I was working on finishing? The new installment in a series I've got going? Finished! I wrote the last words on Wednesday, spell-checked yesterday and wil be sending that manuscript right out to the publisher as soon as I finish chatting with you. So although the days have sort of smashed into each other I've gotten heaps done.

And there's been lots of downtime, too. We've rowed on the pond, tried a couple of new recipes and have picked berries every day this week. It's all good here.

Oh! And I'm still overwhelmed by the news Sniffing Sand has been chosen for the August book with a small book club. I am flattered. Wish I could be a fly on the wall at their book group discussion. Fingers crossed they like it! I've realized there are so many things about being an author that are exhilirating but bring a wobble to my knees at the same time. The good part is that everyone has been so nice, and the stuff that's given me fluttery moments has all turned out fine. So I'm honored and thrilled, and hope Sniffing Sand is up to the challenge.

If you're at all curious about a common sight of summer here in Upstate New York, you might want to check out The Lark Journals. I've posted a few photos.

What about you? How's your week been? Have you got any weekend plans?

Me? The weekend? I haven't gotten that far...after all, I've just realized Friday's here! I'll probably do some gardening, try and convince Hubby that strawberry shortcake is a proper dinner and dive into my reading pile.

Who knows? Maybe I'll even jot a few items on next week's To-do list. :)

4 comments:

Dru said...

That is so great that your to-do-list has mostly been checked off.

I hope you hear good things from the editor and publisher about the materials that you sent to them.

My weekend was interesting, but the most fun was finding the Statue of Liberty On Parade statues.

I have another weekend of no immediate plans, but may escape to the movies.

I hope your Friday is fun and have a good weekend.

Melissa McClone said...

Congrats on getting so much done. I'm still working on mine! And will be over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good for you to accomplish so much this week! My to-do list seems to multiply overnight but I have to admit that I'm not paying too much attention to it ... summer passes much too quickly not to enjoy every minute. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
~ Lynda

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting so much done. Wahoo. Doesn't that feel NICE? My list is neverending. Like stringing beads on a necklace.... only I forgot to knot the other end.