CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Guatemalan Gorgeousness


 

Guatemala is, in many respects, a land of stark contrasts. This morning I'm smiling, recalling the gorgeous natural sights that were everywhere around me. All I had to do was look...


This is a poinsettia tree. Yes, that's right--a tree! It was huge, growing wild and it completely shocked me when I realized the source of shadow where I stood. Imagine, standing in the shadow of a poinsettia? That'll totally change my view on holiday decorations!


A stroll on the grounds at Mi Refugio yielded abundant beauty. I paused at this little pond and gazed into the clear water. No fish in its depths, as I'd hoped, but a single water lily bobbed on the surface. Lovely!


When atop a mountain, rainwater cascades downhill. The melody created by the previous night's rainfall was so soothing.


There are times when I struggle to get the roses in my gardens to bloom. Really, I do. On a Guatemalan mountain, they grow wild. And the scent? Oh-so intoxicating!

Do I miss the place? Can't you tell?  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No surprise that you miss it. It is everything you like- peace, quiet, great people

Jess