CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Teahouse Dreams

Ahh...it's been a week since I turned in the final edits on Snowdance. The first few days passed in a flurry of catching-up-on-life activity, but the past few days have been more relaxed. In fact, the past couple of days we've been working on making another dream come true at our house.

Those of you that know me well know I love gardening. I love being outdoors, planting and watching things grow and just being surrounded by nature. I love flowers, birds, butterflies--I love it all. I'm big on snow and rain as well as sunshine. Yep, I'm one of those tree lovers. :)

For years I've perused gardening books, taking special note of the small, sometimes quirky, little buildings people build in their gardens. Sheds. Cottages. Gazebos.

Tea houses.

Oh, how I've wanted a tea house of my own! And now, my husband and I are building a tea house on our property. Nestled between apple trees and overlooking the small vineyard we've planted, it will be the perfect hideaway. I'm so excited about this I can hardly think straight!

For now, we've just broken ground but, oh!, we've got such plans...

Yes, dreams really do come true.

0 comments: