CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Small Pleasures


Isn't this a pretty picture?
This morning I woke to the whisper of rain. I know, rain is a pretty dull topic for a blog post but honestly, it's all I can think of. The sound outside my window is soothing and fills my mind. Minutes pass swiftly as I sit here in the darkness, staring at the computer screen, battling with my mind. I should be working, but I'm listening to the music of the rain.
Focus, I say to myself. Concentrate on the tasks before you.
My conscious mind-whipping works for short intervals, moments when I work on promo or edits or taking notes on the next book. But then...the patter of raindrops works its magic, drawing me back in to the sultry sound of liquid meeting warm, parched earth.
Focus.
I can't, my mind answers. The rain. It calls me.
The rain. It calls me.
What calls you?

0 comments: